THE ACCIDENTAL COUNSELLOR TRAINING
For Anyone Not Trained As A Counsellor But Often Find Themselves in Counselling Situations By Accident.
The Accidental Counsellor Training is a full day program for people who are not qualified as clinical counsellors but often respond to emotional upset and distress because of the role they are in.
The training covers 4 core areas:
- Frameworks including:
- Accidental Counsellor Model
- Referral Framework
- Coaching Change Framework
- Self Care and Wellbeing so you are not overcome by the emotional distress of others. This includes the 5 stages of burnout and creating a self care plan.
- Connection to be able to validate and acknowledge the person so they feel heard and understood. This includes how to deescalate difficult conversations.
- Influence so we can ask “solution focused questions” rather than giving unsolicited advice.
You can download an overview of the full day Accidental Counsellor HERE.
Watch a short video that explains the overview of the Accidental Counsellor Training HERE.
The Accidental Counsellor Training includes 4 key processes:
1) Content delivery – skill based practical tips and strategies including language patterns.
2) Demonstration of the strategies using case studies and role plays.
3) Small group practice of the strategies.
4) 12 months access to the online Accidental Counsellor Library (over 70 mental health and wellbeing courses including the Accidental Counsellor level 1 and level 2 training).
Here’s Exactly What You’ll Learn in the Accidental Counsellor Training
- The Accidental Counsellor Model demonstrates the connection between your selfcare and how to listen and respond to help a person identify their “next best step”.
- The Coaching Change framework to help people create positive change.
- The Referral Framework to help you identify warning signs and make informed referrals.
- Advanced listening skills to help the person feel heard and understood.
- How to establish the purpose of the interview to move the client toward future possibilities
- How to identify existing strengths with the exception question
- How to identify the next step and make quick assessments with the scaling question
The Accidental Counsellor Training live event has been conducted all over Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia to over 10,000 people!
Created by Rocky Biasi in 2008 receiving stellar reviews from all in attendance. Book your spot now to ensure you don’t miss out.
What attendees have said about the workshops:
What a fantastic training course! We have had nothing but positive feedback and I think you reached deep into the hearts and minds of many of our volunteers.
Anna Partridge – Wayside Chapel
The one-day workshop I attended and the online videos I watched prior to attending have given me so much comfort and so many strategies, rationales and frameworks that I can use in both my professional life and my personal life.
Ouranita Karadimas – Holroyd High School
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who finds themselves supporting people in emotional distress without formal counselling skills.
Full one day workshop
Registration from 8.45am, workshop runs from 9.00am – 4.00pm
Morning / afternoon tea and lunch included.
Before registering for this event please ensure you’re able to attend as there are limited places and no refunds. In case of an illness we can transfer your ticket another person or to an online event or to the corresponding event the following year when we are next in your city.
Professional Learning Hours
The Accidental Counsellor Training is endorsed by NESA, TQI and the Australian Community Service Workers Association.